How to Qualify for and Use a Retail Business Loan
Being in the retail sector of the extensive corporate has several benefits, including interacting with many clients and selling products with increasing demand. Therefore, you can be sure you’ll always be in business. Nonetheless, you should know that such an entity requires adequate funding to remain afloat. Getting a retail loan is one of the best options in the current market. The information in this article intensely scrutinizes how to qualify for this financing and how to use it.
Qualifying for a Retail Loan
3 Months in Business
Most lenders will ask for proof that your enterprise has been operational for at least three months. This is an advantage because you can acquire this financing even when your company is in its start-up phase, as long as it’s been running for three months and you meet the other qualifications. Most businesses that qualify for retail loans have been operating for much longer than three months.
$5,000 Minimum Monthly Income
You must also show that you can make $500,000 or a higher monthly amount. This proves you’re in a position to repay the amount you borrow.
A Positive Credit Score
Creditors require a minimum of 500 (FICO) before offering retail loans to entrepreneurs. You can follow a few steps to improve your business credit rating to increase your chances of qualifying for this funding type.
How Can You Use a Retail Business Loan?
The list of the uses for a retail loan is long, but all are self-explanatory. They include, but aren’t limited to;
- Recruiting and hiring your staff
- Settling your enterprise’s utilities, including water, electricity, and phone charges
- Paying for accounting and legal services
- Catering to your business insurance expenses
- Covering all repairing, renovating, and upgrading-related costs
- Getting new or used office equipment, depending on your preferences
- Getting a new brick-and-mortar retail shop. You can buy or rent such a space
- Handling all marketing-related costs, such as running your website, social media campaigns, and print media marketing
The best thing about acquiring a retail business loan is the versatility of use. The lender has no control over using this funding as long as you meet the requirements. Consider contacting Brightview Commercial Capital today for the best assistance on this and other funding types to keep your retail business going.